Thursday, November 2, 2017

What Does a Godly Girl Look Like?

Hello friends! I just found a draft of a blog post I never posted. Here it is:


So I recently found one of my old journals. From 2013. As I was going through it, I found many delightful nuggets of wisdom hidden throughout the pages. I used that journal for church notes, morning devotionals, recipes, thoughts, anything! I found a couple of pages that I had written when I was 14 years old. I was making a list describing a Godly girl. I read it almost 3 years later, and was surprised to see some of the things I had written. I also took it as a chance to ask God to search my life and ask myself whether I've grown (as a woman of God) over the past 3 years.
I'd encourage you to do the same!

Here's the 4-page-list I wrote:

a Godly girl...
  •  is a woman of prayer -Esther 4:15-16; Luke 2:36-38; Acts 16:13-14
  • carries herself with dignity -Proverbs 31:25
  • is discreet -Titus 2:5
  • chaste (pure) -Titus 2:5
  • helps out at home with anything she can -Ecclesiastes 9:10
  • loves her siblings -1 John 4:20
  • only has to be told once (obedient) -Ephesians 6:1
  • has a servant's heart -Matthew 20:28
  • doesn't jest -Ephesians 5:4
  • strong in God's Word -Ephesians 6:17
  • asks her parents for their guidance/wisdom -Proverbs 1:8-9
  • doesn't gossip/slander -Proverbs 20:19
  • says only words of kindness & wisdom -Proverbs 31:26
  • is grateful for what she has 
  • kind/tenderhearted to EVERYONE -Ephesians 4:32
  • is humble and thinks of others better than herself -Philippians 2:3
  • forgives easily/quickly/genuinely
  • isn't envious of what other people have 
  • counts her blessings instead of complaining about what she DOESN"T have
  • doesn't take part in rumors
  • trusts in God wholeheartedly Prov. 3:5
  • doesn't waste time
  • always busy with the things of God (things that will be of benefit not only to her, but to others)
  • Humble James 4:10
  • is wise about her entertainment choices
  • uses social media wisely & for the honor and glory of God
  • understands/accepts the will of God Prov. 3:6
  • filled with the Spirit
  • joyful in EVERY circumstance
  • doesn't do things grudgingly & complaining or murmuring Phil. 2:14
  • dresses modestly
  • does her absolute best in everything and leaves the results up to God
  • is like a rare & precious ruby among young women Prov. 31:10
  • inspires others
  • fears the Lord 
  • realizes that her inward appearance is more important than her outward appearance (hair, makeup, outfit, shoes, etc.) 1 Peter 3:3-5
  • isn't always trying to buy new things: is content with what she has Phil. 4:11
  • deals wisely with her finances (saves more than she spends, gives her offering & tithes, only buys things that are absolutely NECESSARY)
  • honest, but not rude, tactful
  • respectful
  • not slothful/lazy 
  • does not procastinate (I need to work on this one! *Hahaha oh my word! It took me 2 years to actually post this blog article. I DEFINITELY need to work on this one!!!!* Pray for me girls. 
  • willingly does things for others without expecting anything in return
  • shares her God with those around her
  • does NOT follow her heart because she realizes it is deceitfully wicked
  • encourages others -Ephesians 4:29
  • asks for prayers humbly
  • worships God freely
  • she has no evil intentions
  • doesn't speak of others in a way that will bring them down James 4:11
  • realizes she can do NOTHING without God's help 
  • gives God ALL the glory [100%]
  • rises early to get a head-start on her day
  • considers others better than herself with sincerity
  • not afraid of failure -Phil 3:14
  • fasts with right attitude
  • prays for others 
  • puts others' needs before her own Phil. 2:4
  • content when her parents' answer is "no" 
  • doesn't give attitude/does not answer back rudely to anyone
  • diligent
  • sets right priorities
  • organized
  •  patient
  • doesn't always state what she thinks or what her opinion is
  • talks more than she listens
  • listens more than she talks James 1:19
  • uses all her talents for God
  • chooses God-fearing friends wisely, asks them to keep her accountable
  • Mentors those younger than her (Titus 2: 3-5)
  • grows daily and allows the Lord to mold and shape her character
  • Asks Him for strength! 
So I know that's a lot to take in. WOAH. I still have a hard time believing that 14-year old me wrote that list. This is by no means meant to be an exhaustive set of rules. It's just observations I made about the godly women around me at the time. It's been almost 5 years since I wrote that, and trust me when I say this... I by no means claim to have it all together. Oh how I wish I did! But that kind of perfection won't be achieved on this side of heaven. :) Serve God out of love and gratitude, with all your heart, and allow Him to transform your life. Remember! It's all about the grace-full process, day by day! Let's keep sowing to the Spirit! Galatians 6:7-9 Love you all,
-Jas 



No comments:

Post a Comment